1.) Private folwark, Lida district, 1st administrative precinct, at 25 wiorsts [approx 25 km] from Lida, and 3 wiorsts from Bielica, 9 inhabitants (1866). Jelna formerly belonged to Sapieha, Szemiota, Odachowski. There was a Dominican monastery here; it was founded in 1667 by Zofia Marya née Olszewska Odachowska and Anna née Mańkowska Przesławska. Today it is the Catholic parish church of the Blessed Virgin Mary, built of wood in 1667. Catholic parish, Lida deanery, 1,692 souls. Branch in Waszkiewicze, chapel in Bielica.
The area is an elevated plain, small forests, meadows, marshes, many fields; light cultivated soil, sandy. In the vicinity are the Rivers Niemen, Mołczadka, Niemenek, Dzitwa, Izwa, Hołdówka, Lebioda, Smołocz, Nieciecza, Rosoka, Olechówka, and Jeleńka, and Lake Weliczay.
2.) Jelna, three folwarks and a tavern on the River Jeleńka; Lida district, 2nd administrative precinct, at 26-26 wiorsts from Lida, 5 houses, 46 inhabitants (1866).
(Słownik, vol. III, p. 559)