Governmental town, Lida district, in the 3rd police precinct, Dubicze gmina, Nowy Dwór rural precinct, on the road from Grodno to Zabłoc, at 140 wiorsts from Wilno, 52 from Lida and 28 from Szczuczyn, has 63 houses and 708 inhabitants (371 male and 337 female). Municipal status was received from August II in the year 1720. A Catholic parish church by the name of Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary was built of wood in the year 1480 by the landowner Cząszny, [and] was rebuilt in 1749. There is a chapel in the churchyard burial ground. The Catholic parish, Lida deanery, has 4,082 faithful.
The area is flat, irrigated by numerous rivers and streams, such as Kotra, Ostrynka, Nowodworka, Kichaczewka, Odakowka, Moraczka, Niepraszka, Dunajczyk, Downarowka, [and it] has gravelly soil and pine forests. In the time of the Republic, Nowy Dwór constituted an estate of the Crown, without jurisdiction, situated in Wilno province, Lida district. By the resolution/vote of the sejm in 1678, there was then the office of land-steward of the king’s/royal table, for which Andrzej Gembicki, the starosta of Nowy Dwór, had himself in recompense the sum of 100,000 Polish złoty in Prussian coins.
Later this royal estate was split for the following leases: Bakszty, Filipowicze, Pielowce, Puchacze, Malatycze, Drabowszczyczna, Berszty, and ploughable? forest districts, which each had a separate owner. However, in the year 1766 Ignacy Gąsecki held the starostwo alone, and paid 711 Polish złoty quarterly and a winter tax of 1,400 Polish złoty. Later it belonged to Antoni Roemer, son of Stefan Jerzy.
At present the town belongs to the treasury estate of Ostryna. Within the composition of the rural precinct come the town of Nowy Dwór, the villages Skiełdycze, Piaski, Wampierszczyzna, Czerniawka, Kobrowce, Nowosady, Plociele, Bakszty, Maciuki, Kuce, Brzozowiec, Gaudziszki, Rodziewicze, Pozniakowszczyzna, Kuryłowce, Borowe, Zaniewisza, Malikowce, Rynkowce, Puhacze, Kulowce, Humenniki, Prudziany, Gromki, Kozaki, Przybytkowszczyzna, and the neighborhoods/environs of Sobakowszczyzna, Rodziewicze, Kobrowce, and Szyszjowszczyzna, all in all 2,014 dusz reviz. [“revision souls,” or male serfs].
(Słownik, v. VII, p. 294)